Prom is right around the corner and the big question is where to take your prom photos!?!? Well hopefully I can help with both location and tips to for taking great prom photos.
- Location – Go outside! I love Seward Bluffs Forest Preserve but any local park should do the trick. If your local to Winnebago, The Brauer is open this Saturday, April 21st for prom photos!
- Light – Find some shade! Nobody likes staring into the sun or unflattering shadows on their face. The shade will allow you to get even light on their faces.
- Background – Watch out for distracting objects like trash cans, poles or anything that might take away from the image.
- Don’t be shy – Have the couples stand close to each other. There are lots of ways for even “just friends” couples to stand close without the awkward “we’re not dating”. And don’t be afraid to capture the candid moments in between.
- Ladies – We look good at a slight angle. Be sure to stick your chin out and down just a pinch and kick your back hip toward the background.
- DSLR – Don’t be afraid to use the +/- button. If the images looks too bright or too dark, ADJUST.
- Don’t say cheese – Saying cheese actually produces a forced/fake smile and isn’t very flattering. Try making them laugh instead! A natural smile is always the best.
- Keep things fun!